1. Did not pack adequate snacks due to laziness and apathy. Regretted this later.
2. Hungry around 11:30 AM so I snacked on an office platter of cheese cubes and crackers. Dairy, I know, I know. I actually enjoyed it very much. I ate around 6-7 cubes of Swiss and cheddar, and the same number of assorted crackers. I did make an effort to chew adequately.
3. I decided to make the cheese and crackers my lunch. To boost the nutrition value, I ate my apple, which tasted bad. (A disappointment since I got it at the Farmer's Market.)
4. Between 10 AM and 1 PM, I ate two mini cupcakes (vanilla with chocolate frosting) from Magnolia Bakery. Leftovers from Thursday's reception. Yeah, this is all sounding pathetic. I ate them with excitement, feeling I was breaking a "taboo" (non-vegan crappy baked goods! sugar sugar sugar before noon!) and I did also enjoy these.
5. I left work early at 2 PM intending to go shopping. Instead, I felt frozen by my grim thoughts. And I was caught in a rainy deluge. My shoes were soaked and my interest in doing anything was thin. So I just wandered around, accomplishing nothing -- and not enjoying my lack of accomplishment. I did buy squash at a greenmarket, though, and looked at new eyeglasses.
6. I was hungry at 4:30 PM but instead of eating something nourishing, I had a cup of Darjeeling tea. With two packets of sugar.
7. J. met me and I "had to eat" so we went to the local pizza joint and had slices for dinner.
8. By the time I went to bed, I was feeling all bloated, reflux-y, overall "not good."
I'm not proud of this day's intake, but there it is.
Saturday morning -- I woke up determined to not repeat those mistakes! Today's day-long art festival will not be conducive to eating the right foods in the right way -- it is a challenge to eat "in a crowd" and on the go, all day. Where can I get vegetables? Foods that are tasty but not overly seasoned? Will people care that I am eating slow as molasses?
*My grim mood today is due to my realization that I can't have any pets right now for various good reasons. There is a great cat up for adoption at the corner pet supply store and it's killing me that I can't take him home.