September 26, 2011

Monday Stomach Issues

It's 10:40 AM and my work day is being interrupted by stomach pain!  It is a sharp pain that feels like it is just under my navel.  I am also feeling very full -- as if I've had a huge meal, though I have eaten modestly today.

For all my gut issues, I hardly get "stomach pain."  Pains are usually centered around my intestinal area or back.   I am feeling a little "gassy" today despite no issues in the motility area.  Perhaps that's it?  Here is what I've eaten so far:

Breakfast - 6:00 AM
1 Wheetabix square
1/4 C. raisins
1 C. almond milk
1/2 graham cracker square


Snack - 9:30 AM
2 water crackers
1 wheat cracker
(I thought about eating these with almond butter, but did not want to open a packet as I was going to eat just a bit of it.)

Snack - 10:15 AM
1/3 C. green sugar grapes

Water - 10:49 AM
Decide to have a bottle of Poland Springs water (part of our office supply).
Pain is subsiding.  A while later, had some leftover corn from the cob (from last night's dinner).

Lunch - 1:00 PM
Decided I did not want the tomato-based dish I brought, so I went to the cafeteria and bought a veggie burger.   Perfect.   Also had two pickle spears.

Snack - 4:00 PM
1 apple from greenmarket -- super delicious!
1 small hunk of semolina bread

Dinner - 8:00 PM
I had a late function after work, so my dinner was subsequently late, too:
2 small halves of delicata squash leftover from roasting last night
2/3 - 1C. pinto beans
small hunk of semolina bread
1/2 C. frozen mixed vegetables with Earth Balance

I had stomach pain around 10:30 PM and later in the evening.   There is definitely a gassy issue going on, too (I was not going to dwell on this, but it's becoming a factor).  I wonder if the sudden appearance of squash -- a high fiber food -- is triggering this.  I doubt it's the squash -- that's an easy to digest food.   I'll keep monitoring my gut issues…

Tuesday Morning: Woke up slightly nauseous, some stomach rumbling, food in throat feeling greater than usual.   This is demoralizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment