August 14, 2011

Gerd Elimination Diet, Day 6: Saturday, August 13

An active day ahead -- J. and I are heading to "City Streets" on our bikes -- a car-free Manhattan from 72nd Street to Battery Park via Park/Lafayette.  I'm not sure what lunch will entail -- I'll try to stick to the GERD diet.

Breakfast -- 7:30 AM
2/3 Wheetabix square
1 C. almond milk
1/4 C. raisins
1 hard-boiled egg
1/2 slice rye toast
-- No fruit in the house!  Had an egg for extra protein, for the ride ahead.  Felt okay upon waking; ten minutes afterward, I had the usual "FIT" and heartburn.  This lasted for a few minutes and then resolved on its own, as it always seems to -- it does not correlate with when I eat, or what I eat (though admittedly, don't I have the same exact breakfast each day?)...

Snack -- 10:00 AM
1/2 C. apple cider
-- at Union Square greenmarket

Snack -- 11:30 AM
1/2 Luna Bar (Lemon variety)

Lunch -- 12:45 PM
6" sub from Subway: veggie burger filling with lettuce, tomato, pickles, oil, and cheese
-- Eaten while on the Governor's Island ferry.  I was feeling good at this point.  Healthy!  (12 miles of bicycling can do it.)

Snack -- 3:00 PM
1 softserve vanilla ice cream cone from the Kool-Man truck, chocolate dipped.  (I honestly forgot about the no-chocolate GERD rule.)
-- Yeah, I know, I know.   No adverse concerns after eating, hours later.

Snack -- 6:30 PM
1/2 C. almond milk
1 graham cracker
-- My lack of fruit in the house is disappointing -- I would have liked to have had more fruit for snacks today.  I did not go to the grocery store to stock up, nor to the greenmarket (because we were bicycling today).


Dinner -- 7:15 PM
Pasta (Bionature brand) with tomatoes, walnuts, baby peas, olive oil and parsley.  I added Romano cheese at the table.



Dessert -- 8:30 PM
1 C. ice cream (Breyer's vanilla)

Mood: A joyful day, sunny and not too hot for most of it, bicycling almost 14 miles -- plus we enjoyed four ferry rides!   This level of exercise is very good for my stress levels.  More thoughts on this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment