August 8, 2011

GERD Elimination Diet, Day 1: Monday, August 8

Keeping a blog is a very handy way to record my intake throughout the day.  I can just jump onto my blog, make a note, and there it is, a record for my doctor and me and all to see.

Breakfast - 6:30 AM
1 Wheetabix square
1 C. almond milk
1/4/ raisins
1 peach (from greenmarket!)
1 graham cracker
1/2 C. mineral water (Gerolsteiner)
-- crabby and bloated; there is not enough time to "get it all done."  Work looks busy today.  I woke up feeling that "heartburn" sensation, all "gerdy."  This lessened as the morning went on.  

Snack - 10:17 AM

1 C. raspberry tea (Harney & Sons)
1/4 sesame bagel
--  Just a bit hungry; the bagel satisfied.  But I really am aching for a cup of puehr tea or other strong caffeinated brew.  I reached for my Teaism Darjeeling, but decided to go for the raspberry herbal instead.  This blog is keeping me honest.

10:54 AM - Nausea and FIT
Food in throat feeling, combined with nausea.  My stomach is gnawing, and feels hungry but also nauseous at the same time.  (See, I might as well be drinking black tea!  Symptoms don't seem to change whether I'm off tea or not…)

11:45 AM - Lunch
2 C. romaine lettuce (found super fresh LOCAL lettuce for 99c. in our local supermarket!)
7 orange cherry tomatoes (from greenmarket)
1 red tomato (from supermarket; not as good as romaine lettuce)
2 tsp olive oil (Olave organic)
chopped parsley, chives and garlic powder (fresh powder from garlics from greenmarket)
1/4 C. walnuts
8 oz. water (Poland Spring)
-- I wonder if the mineral water I've taken to drinking in lieu of tea the past week is increasing my belching (and other gas...).  I think I'll stop drinking that too, avoiding all tea and carbonation, even non-caffeinated.

12:12 PM - FIT
Does it ever really go away?  This seems to be a chronic state for me.  I'm so used to it, I'm not sure I'd notice if it went away.  Stomach feels good -- not bloated.   Eating small amounts is KEY.

Snack - 1:13 PM
1 whole wheat roll from cafe (I forgot to pack a grain with me today...)  This is really part of my lunch.
-- No outstanding symptoms aside from the chronic FIT.  It's not severe, just always "there."

Snack - 1:30 PM
2/3 C. fresh pineapple (Whole Foods)
-- Felt the need to "eat something."  Does it seem like all I ever do it eat? :)

Snack -- 2:30 PM
1 bag Veggie Pirate's Booty
-- This is what happens when I don't bake my muffins or bring along enough grains and snacks from home.  Not a bad choice, though -- rice/corn puffs with vegetables at 130 calories/bag.   I have not had this in 15 years and it is still as good as I remember it.

2:55 PM -- Slight "heartburn."  Am I drinking enough water today? 

Snack -- 5:15 PM
Banana

Dinner -- 7:45 PM
1 ear of corn (greenmarket)
1/2 C lima beans (greenmarket)
1/2 C. chard (greenmarket)
2 Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage links
1 slice semolina flour bread (greenmarket)
1 T Earth Balance

Snack -- 8:30 PM
1 C. ice cream (Breyer's Vanilla Fudge Swirl)

Food in throat feeling from time to time.   I went to bed around 10:00 PM.  No overnight issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment