- The other morning, I heard a segment on NPR about the American Gut Project and new privacy issues it raises.
- The American Gut Project website. (Though I'm skeptical about any scientific project that doesn't seem to know the difference between "it's" and "its." Do I really trust these folks?)
- From NPR: From Birth, Our Microbes Become As Personal As a Fingerprint.
- Do Your Gut Bacteria Influence Your Metabolism? Yet another NPR story. NPR seems to love this topic as much as I do!
- Short article from Time online: You Are Your Gut Bacteria: How the Microbiome Influences Health
- From NPR's health news: How A Change in Gut Microbes Can Affect Weight.
November 5, 2013
Linkage: More Gut Flora in the News
A few months ago, I posted about the increasing awareness of how the microbiome impacts one's gastrointestinal, and overall, health. Since then, I've been on the hunt for more microbiome information, and get giddy when I come across new resources. A few of the recent finds: