August 8, 2012

Linkage: A Gutsy Girl

While poking around online today, I discovered this gut-friendly resource:

A Gutsy Girl

Gutsy is a blog/web presence by writer/coach/health mentor Sarah Kay Hoffman, a woman who started dealing with colitis issues after a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy.  Sarah puts it all out there about living with and managing her colitis in this expansive site and her blog, which is part of the blog challenge, 101 Days of Blogging.   Sarah's posts are full of useful links and insights from her lived experience.  She even bravely shares photos of her bloated belly before she went gluten-free, just so readers can see what she's talking about when she means "bloated."   

I like her food/lifestyle-approach to healthy gut care:


My name is Sarah Kay Hoffman,chief gutsy. (<- Yes, my title.I am a detective, a food and lifestyle detective that is. I believe we are given things in life so that we can make a difference in the lives of others. I was given Colitis. I was also given the passion to help women around the world heal their guts...Gutsy Girl uses food, fitness, relationships and other holistic “lifestyle” factors to “cure” yourself of the digestive problems you’ve been told only medication can fix. I have mastered these same methods to cure my own Colitis. 

And anyone who can slip in a phrase like "safeguard your juju" when talking about how to start your day has my attention!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for sharing "A Gutsy Girl!" I really appreciate all of your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I'm looking forward to catching up on your blog. So glad I found it! p.s. I downloaded the 101 App - neat!

    ReplyDelete